Correy Myco, Executive Vice President, Marketing Awarded Manitoba Communicator of the Year
The entire ChangeMakers team is very proud that our fearless leader, Correy Myco, has been recognized with a Crowning Achievement award from the Canadian Public Relations Society (CPRS), Manitoba Society!
Each year, CPRS Manitoba hosts the Manitoba Communicator of the Year (MCOY) Award, the most prestigious public relations and communications award in the province celebrating innovation, resourcefulness and creativity.
The Crowning Achievement category is open to Manitoba practitioners who have made substantial contributions to or outstanding achievements in the field of public relations or communications over the course of their career.
As a 25-year veteran in the industry, Correy has established a reputation for excellence and is sought after by senior executives for strategy, creative concept development, issues management and reputation advice.
Correy has been at the helm of ChangeMakers since he founded the company in 1998, applying his strengths as an award-winning creative director, photojournalist and former editor. Correy has a depth of experience – and success for our clients – stemming from the many high-profile and evidence-based provincial programs he has steered.
The Crowning Achievement award is well-deserved, is a true testament to what Correy has built here at ChangeMakers and is a wonderful way to celebrate the end of an era as ChangeMakers joins forces with Context Research and Argyle Public Relationships.
Some highlights of his award submission include:
- Media Relations and Training: Correy provides guidance, advice and training on issues and media management to the senior executives among many of our clients.
- Social Marketing Expertise: At ChangeMakers, Correy has carved out a niche for our team as experts in social marketing – we promote positive behavioural change by selling issues, attitudes and ideas in a range of sectors, including workplace safety, responsible consumption of liquor and cannabis, sexual health, public education and more. Correy’s expertise in the industry, and in the field of social marketing in particular, was recognized by the University of Ontario Institute of Technology (UOIT) who contracted ChangeMakers to help develop the award-winning fourth year curriculum for UOIT’s Social Marketing and Public Health course.
- Award-Winning Strategy and Creative: Correy’s many awards are also a testament to his expertise, awards including a CLIO for creative direction, multiple International Association of Business Communicators (IABC) Gold Quills for communications strategy, execution and evaluation and international Summit Emerging Media, Marketing Effectiveness and Creative Awards.
- Pro-Bono Work: Correy leads by example at ChangeMakers. We don’t just talk the talk about social responsibility – we walk the walk, too. When Correy truly believe in a cause and wants to help make a change – but knows the organization just doesn’t have the budget for our services – we may do work at a discounted rate or even pro bono. We have done pro bono work for:
- Wayfinders, a community-based mentorship and outreach program that supports and encourages high school students to graduate and have a better future
- Water Drum Foods, a bold initiative founded by Manitoba Building Trades to create opportunities for sustainable economic growth and new employment opportunities for Aboriginal students in the inner city
- Reaching Out Winnipeg (ROW), a Winnipeg-based organization that supports people who identify as LGBT and are seeking safe refuge because their lives are threatened in their home countries
- Community Involvement: We also invest in our clients through:
- Supporting Safety Services Manitoba by:
- Volunteering at the annual Steps for Life fundraising walk to support families who have lost loved ones in workplace incidents
- Providing corporate sponsorship for marketing materials and volunteered for Operation Red Nose to ensure people have a safe ride home with a sober driver during the holiday season
- Providing corporate sponsorship of the annual “A Night With Epic” fundraising event for Epic Opportunities, a non-profit agency providing a range of services to support individuals with intellectual disabilities to live, work and participate in life in Winnipeg
- Sponsoring the Gimli Film Festival – Manitoba’s most successful film festival – and provide our design services pro bono
- Sponsoring the Melee at the MET VI Gala (Manitoba’s premier boxing event, with proceeds going to a different Manitoba-based charity each year) hosted by and developing promotional materials pro bono; one of our staff even participated in the boxing event and helped to raise money for the 2018 charity of choice, Alpha House, which empowers women and children as they leave abusive relationships and break the cycle of violence
- Supporting Safety Services Manitoba by:
- Each year, our employees also contribute to a holiday donation to a deserving charity of choice – and Correy often matches our collective donation